The Passage of Time
“The Timekeepers are a mysterious band of individuals who hide their face from the light. It is said that they are fierce ascetics of Yuga, goddess of time. Early texts suggest they began as a society of simple astronomers, cataloging the passage of time. Now, they are well-respected, even feared. It is from them that our calendar is wrought.”
- First Night – A festival day heralding the start of the new year.
- Springrow – Day 1 through 30.
- Springhaven- Day 31 through 60.
- Springsend- Day 61 through 90.
- Shieldmas- A festival day celebrating the bounties of the Spring.
- Summergrow- Day 1 through 30.
- Summeraven- Day 31 through 60.
- Summersend- Day 61 through 90.
- Peak- A festival day of competition, hunting, and good sportsmanship.
- Fallgrow- Day 1 through 30.
- Fallhaven- Day 31 through 60.
- Fallsend- Day 61 through 90.
- Swordsmas- A mischievous holiday with tricks; social hierarchy is upset.
- Wintergrow- Day 1 through 30.
- Winterhaven- Day 31 through 60.
- Wintersend- Day 61 through 90.
- Dusk- A festival blending into First Night with raucous celebration.
Once every four years, the Timekeepers predict a Pendulum day, one in which time itself is at its most random and erratic. It can happen in any season during that year. Though typical days take about 24 hours, Pendulum has been recorded to vary anywhere between 6 and 90 hours.
If you are born on the 40th of Spring, your official birthday is the 10th of Springhaven. Each character may receive a benefit for when they are born. For each character, please roll a d366 to determine your birth date.